Components offer a specific function for the nodes they are attached to. A render component might render its node. An input component connects it to a button on the gamepad. There are hundreds of different components in Ginkgo.
Components have properties to set their values. E.g. a render-component has a blendColor property that stores its rendering color. Some properties are edited with special editors. E.g. the blend color is set via a color picker. Others just have input fields – coordinates for example are just typed into a text field.
Here's a list of the most important components:
- LocalizedLabel renders text
- Path stores geometry
- FilledPathRenderer renders a Path component and fills it with a blend color
- Box2dBody is a physical body
- Box2dFixture is the fixture - shapes and parameters - of a Box2dBody
- SoundEvent plays a sound when an event occurs